Resolving The “Insufficient Memory” Error in FoxPro
Let’s consider a real life practical scenario wherein you are working in MS Visual FoxPro 6.0 application on your college project. When you try to open MS Visual FoxPro, it fails to open and displays error messages. These error messages could be one of the below-mentioned error messages:
- “Insufficient memory”
- “Not enough memory for application (minimum 2187264 required)”
- “Not enough memory for application (minimum 2158592 required)”
The primary reason behind such error message is that there is not enough virtual memory to start FoxPro. These kinds of memory issues can also be caused owing to corruption in DBF files.
You can resolve the above-mentioned issue by taking up the following:
- Increase the size of paging file: In order to resolve the virtual memory issue, you should increase the size of paging file. After this, restart the system and check whether the issue is resolved or not?
- Reduce the expandable memory: Just in case you are using an EMS (Expanded Memory Specification) emulator, reduce the amount of memory that it provides.
- Reduce the size of disk caching software: In case you are using a disk caching software, reduce its size.
- Restore DBF file: Try to restore the FOXPRO.DBF file. In order to do so, rename it in the command prompt by using the below-mentioned syntax:
RENAME foxuser.dbf foxuser.dbk
Restart FoxPro. The Foxuser.dbf file will be renamed when you restart FoxPro.
The aforementioned methods would be able to repair the DBF file and start MS Visual FoxPro. However, in case you are not able to resolve the aforementioned issue by using any of the aforementioned methods, then use a professional and proficient repair DBF tool to repair the DBF file.
Numerous repair DBF file tools are available in the market. Cautiously choose the one that is as per your requirements.
DBF Recovery is a professional and efficient tool that is completely capable to repair DBF files.